Administrative Coordinator (m/f/d) to support our Framework Contracts (FWC) Unit
Want to make an impact…?
Then come join us at GFA Consulting Group – a leading European consulting company working in international development cooperation.
Since 1982, GFA has carried out numerous development and research projects in over 130 countries, focusing on matters of global importance.
Our work, both in our projects and at our headquarters in Hamburg in Germany, supports the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), to improve people's lives and protect the planet. Our international and multicultural team of professionals is at the heart of our success.
If you share this passion for international cooperation and enjoy working in an international environment, where you can contribute to shaping a better world,
join the GFA team as:
Administrative Coordinator (m/f/d) to support our Framework Contracts (FWC)
20h/week - eventually to be increased up to 40h/week
The FWC Unit Administrative Coordinator (m/f/d) is the central point of contact within the Unit for all organisational, administrative and editorial issues. The main tasks are to support the Project Managers in the acquisition and implementation of contracts.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities
- Support in acquisition of specific contracts
- Responsible for compiling of documents required for the acquisition
- International correspondence with partners and experts
- Responsible for timely completion and submission of proposals
- Assist with project implementation
- Support in the administrative and organisational handling of on-going contracts
- Support of experts (either home-based or in-the-field), together with the Project Managers
- Responsible for travel arrangements (flight bookings, visa applications and other logistics)
- Data management of project references, creation and/or updating of project rooms on GFA’s Management Information system
- Proof reading, formatting and lay outing of all documents produced, e.g. proposals and reports
- Entering key specific contract’s acquisition and implementation data into the FWC’s IT systems and databases
- Completed commercial vocational training (office clerk, foreign language correspondence, European assistant, etc.) or Bachelor's degree with initial relevant professional experience
- Excellent language skills in writing in English and French and/or Spanish are essential, knowledge of German and/or Portuguese is an asset
- 3-5 years of working experience in office management, formatting and proofreading, administrative and organisational support
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- High Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work on your own initiative but also in a team
- High sense of responsibility and quality orientation
- Open and communicative personality
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
An opportunity to be part of a multicultural and diverse team that comes together in Hamburg’s lush green district of Volksdorf to work on issues that are at the heart of international cooperation. We lay the foundation for you to grow and learn with GFA, providing continuous skills development and further training. Additionally, we offer the following:
- Flexible working arrangement: Our flexible work model enables you to work remotely from home as well as in the office.
- Work-life balance: Our family-orientated policies enable a healthy balance between your professional and private life. We grant a tax-free childcare allowance (daycare) and support family leave when you need to take care of your relatives.
- Health and wellbeing: We provide access to gym membership with a rich selection of wellness and sport programs around the city. Additionally, staff members organize various sporting activities and events.
- Commuter allowance: To promote climate-friendly commuting, we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
- Surrounded by nature: GFA’s offices are set in natural surroundings, and easily accessible from Hamburg’s city center. They are also within reach of public and social amenities for your convenience.
Please send your application (CV, cover letter, references / certificates) your salary expectations, the earliest possible starting date, your language skills using the Common European Framework, and reference code ASS-DEU23GFA0016/6-FJ by email to Birgit Nelles: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: suitable candidates may be interviewed before application deadline.